Friday, July 10, 2009

Playing Full Out

When we play full out, life is intense. We have full permission to express ourselves and to be authentically who we are – but we also must take full permission for the impact that we have (CTI Leadership program). In this state, life becomes full of conflict, and this can be stressful! How do we have concern for others, without becoming insecure apologists- raving lunatics for fear that we will hurt others??

I have heard the expression, “You are responsible TO others, but not FOR them.” We’re not responsible for others’ reactions to us, but we are responsible to conduct ourselves in the highest standard that we choose for ourselves. Life lived this way becomes immensely satisfying, rewarding, and joyful- our relationships become honest, intimate, and full of the peaks and valleys of mutual learning. Conflict rears its head quite often, but it is a shorter, briefer expression that brings us closer, and teaches valuable lessons of values and diversity.

Don't take anything personally, but rather realize that “it is not what I am saying that is hurting you; it is that you have wounds that I touch by what I have said” (The Four Agreements, p. 51). Constructive feedback, meant well and from the heart, helps us grow—and stress is simply a sign that we are growing. Eustress – good stress – is stress that encourages us to stretch ourselves in a positive direction that we choose. Eustress comes from the realization that WE are in control of our own lives, and WE are the only aspects of ourselves and our lives that we can change.

With a eustressful life, we may fight more, cry more, hurt more – but also laugh more, live more, and love more. It becomes necessary, beneficial, and expedient to live in the moment, and to live life by a template- our Higher Purpose. Life becomes much clearer and enjoyable when all of our actions and every minute of our lives are guided by the highest vision of who we are and who we are becoming.

I’ve found I need to sleep more, shop more, spend more time alone, and have more physical outlets (like exercise), in order to release all this extra energy!

Say what you mean to say
We will understand it better by and by

No comments: